Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews


Hand in hand for eternity

Friday, February 25, 2011

Victim of the Big B


They are strange things that happen in the brain – I wish I could get in there one day with a vacuum cleaner and suck out the unnecessary. Till such time let me share with you some crazy things it does.
Laziness takes the image of illogical imagery – So it was 2.30 a.m. I somehow woke up with parched lips and a dehydrated system. Everything in my body demanded a cool drink of water (actually gallons of it). But my brain advised against it. Its arguments were as follows:
  1. 1.       It’s nice and cozy here. Stay on till sleep takes over again.
  2. 2.       Look how cute hubby looks in his sleep – go snuggle
  3. 3.       Your fetching water may wake the baby up you stupid selfish idot
  4. 4.       The biggest conviction – a picture of a rather helpless but crazily scary man, perched on a branch of a tree, looking inside my kitchen through the window!!!!!!!!! And then just reaching out to me for help of some sort. I would ideally feel bad I think – but I just wanted to screaaaaaaaaaaammm.
So of course the body stayed dehydrated, the lips just moistened enough by a dry tongue and the night a rather restless one! Why oh why!!!

Sometimes after a big argument, when the anger has really subsided, it’s time to make up, close the matter and call it a day, the big B says:
  1. 1.       Remember how you felt when he/she said that to you?
  2. 2.       How come he/she is not here to make up with you?
  3. 3.       Common stop being such a loser and play hard to get
  4. 4.       Yo are very very very upset – show it…
A calming hand comes over my shoulder and a voice says 'sorry', I want to turn around and hug –what do I do – push the hand away and leave the house without a destination in mind. Why oh why???

When my ex-employer asked me to do something and put forth an ultimatum – I worked diligently towards the latter (the ultimatum). The task at hand was probably the easier to achieve. Big B said how dare she give you an ultimatum?? Why oh why!!! In retrospect, however, this is the only time I am glad Big B had done its thing.

Oh another one - being educated in a convent we were always told to behave like "ladies". Well most of us knew what that means. In that rule book there is a certain way to sit, eat, smile, sip, walk ..... Somewhere along the lines of practicing this way of living Big B made me act uppity with the boys I was dying to go out with. Whenever my eyes met the boy's in question, Big B would invariably dictate I look away (better still if I could bring up a sneer on my face)!!!!! The result of course is obvious. Never gottem.   Why oh why???? 

After reading this post, please do not confine me to the part in your brain where all the retards live. There is more to me I promise but Big B gets the better of me sometimes …..

26 comments:

  1. Behave like ladies. Haha. I like that >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. lololol I love your writing... I look forward to every post. I hate those wake ups when it so close to the time but you could get another 1-2 hours and the brain wont shut up. We kind of spoke of the same today in both of our post( Parts of mine)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Kriti, something I thing we have all dealt with at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful piece of writing, Mitr. Intelligent, cute, funny and beautiful, like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a bit of paranoia in there in the biggest conviction - I have that horrible feeling of looking out of window late at night and seeing someone peering in too. Brains are funny in the way they work - mine tends to turn everything into a face, it's like it's trying to make sense of nonsense so it creates a visualization I can relate to - although they tend to be scary - maybe that says more about my mental state than I care to admit LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Big B as I like to call it, is always right! Unless I'm awake...

    Cheers A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big B, if that darn thing would go to sleep i could, it just won't shut up. it want to run on allnight and day. yes i know what you mean. that is the monster that i am stuck with. i like your post very good. just need some time away from big B. lol lol lol that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was great Kriti, I to wake up at night like this and would not won't my neighbors to be peering into my bedroom window while hubby and I sleep. or if I wake up and see one I would surely freak.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My big B is rather small i fear and is usualy easily contolled. I do have times at work when i just want to shout and swear at people. Not through anger just a strange impulse, perhaps beacuse i have to behave so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kriti it is such a pleasure reading your articles. I so often wake up at night with parched lips and thirsty but there is always this fear of having some face peer into the kitchen... Lovely. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kriti,
    I so agree I wish I could just clean out my brain of all the useless unnecessary junk that clogs the brain waves

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kirti,

    I really liked the way you gave it a rhythm .. lovely post.

    Yeah B are always like that ..can't help then saying yes , OK ..Fine etc..

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guess you should at times use the small B...though I say your brain talks quite a lot of sense, specially the staying in bed part :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks a ton all for coming by and for your thoughts - @ Faye - right whatever that means!!! @ Jim - what a coincidence @ Scott, thank god you agree @ Mitr - thanks a ton @ SJ exactly my sentiments @Alejandro - lol @Roy tell me about it @Bronzi - why does that happen to us??? @Charles let it go sometime and see the trouble you get into. @Rimly - you too??? LOL @ Jess lets hope scientists are working on a device already @ Vivek - thanks for dropping in...

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you find that vacuum cleaner, please buy the biggest size for me. Interesting post, enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Big B well what can I say that you have not already said except this do not let B control the self......

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I've been thinking about how Big B can be such a B---ch at times...you've put it in words so wonderfully!! Lovely read...enjoyed every word!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Tbaoo - so true @ Bou - done thing @ Yoga - will try I promise @ Tuds - he he he!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an interesting read, very thought provoking and I found myself nodding along to a lot of things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ So happy to hear that Debbie. I need a lot of people to say that I'm not the only one LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Big B, keeps me awake at night she tends to cause all kinds of havoc while I am trying to sleep, oh and not to mention the chaos she gets me involved in when i am wide awake... Loved your post Kriti and trust me you are not the only one !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Debbie for coming by - awake is another matter altogether - don't even get me started...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Debra : ) So glad you liked it...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Humorous and witty!
    First things first: Big B almost led me to believe you were taking about our one and only Mr. Big B!!!

    When I wake up in the middle of the night (which is Rare) for a glass of water, my B makes me believe there's someone ...staring at me from outside... And many many times I have spooked myself with my own reflection!!! I tell my B " stop messing around with me" and yet i fall prey every time!

    Keep your creativity flowing and I'll make sure you don't fall into ' retarded' zone:))

    ReplyDelete
  25. thats a creative post kriti....and to say you some thing that My Big.B works for me always. its innovative, hard worker and a mini encyclopedia full of memories and ideas. But i have to agree that when ever i meet any girl..it turns out hyperactive and makes me a fool in front of that... irresistible..he he

    ReplyDelete